TO THOSE WHO NURTURED US BEFORE WE BLOOMED
Nina & Tica
94 years old, best friends since forever. Porto, Portugal
The glow playlist
A playlist curated by Herbar founders' Acupuncturist to get you in the mood to glow. Five Phases Music Therapy (FPMT) employs the theory of five phases and five music scales or tones (宫Gong (do), 商Shang (ri), 角Jue (mi), 徵Zhi (so) and 羽Yu (la)) to analyze and treat mind-body illness. In Chinese Medicine (CM), the five music scales are used to connect the human body and the universe, interpret personalities and constitution and analyse the influences of climatic changes on health.
- 1.Linyang Temple
- 2.Eastern Melody
- 3.Ying and Yang Balance
- 4.Melody of Thoughts
- 5.Eastern Philosophy
- 6.Old Summer Palace
- 7.Treasures of Asia
- 8.The Great Wall
- 9.The High Moon
- 10.Summer of Jiamusi
- 11.Red Dragon
- 12.Oriental Serenade
- 14.Eastern Medicine
Mochi Jujubes with Rosehip & Orange Broth by Annie Tong
1 large navel orange,
1 cinnamon stick,
1 tbsp rock sugar,
1/2 tbsp dried rosehip shells,
10 large dried jujubes,
6 tbsp glutinous rice flour,
3 tbsp rice flour,
water as needed
To a medium saucepan add sliced orange segments, cinnamon stick, rock sugar, rosehip shells and 2 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes.3.
- Remove the ingredients and strain the broth through a fine sieve to remove any excess solids.4.
- Mochi Jujubes5.
Cut dried jujubes in half lengthwise to remove the pit.
In a small mixing bowl add glutinous rice flour and rice flour.
- Slowly incorporate water and combine the flour until a smooth dough forms.6.
- Separate the dough into two equal parts and roll them out into small strips. Cut each strip into 5 pieces.7.
- Stuff the jujubes with your mochi dough and set aside.8.
- Steam jujubes for 8 minutes until soft and tender.
Laura Le Gal
Laura Le Gal (she/her), is a Paris-based CGI artist and part of the Herbar family. She creates intricate worlds that we can only wish to be part of. @lauraleg__al
- "When I was a child my favorite game in the car was to imagine how I could make the landscape that just passed before my eyes more beautiful. I wanted to somehow create a harmonious world, pleasant to contemplate anywhere you are. I also have always been intrigued by Roger Dean’s artworks that he designed for Yes covers, I wanted to live in this organic world. My father used to use his work as our computer wallpaper and I would find it fascinating. In the last few years I discovered I could design anything I pictured with very few limits. I finally have the opportunity to create landscapes and scenes that gives me the feeling of stillness. For me, it's a kind of aesthetic release that is very satisfying."
Gua sha tutorial with Catarina & Rui
A guide curated by Herbar founders to get you in the mood to glow. Catarina and Rui take you through the ancient practice of the Gua-Sha with our carefully designed Gua-Shroom. Illustration by Luisa Shala @theinfinityofspace
- It's best to use our Gua-Shroom on cleansed skin with a few drops of The Face Oil.2.
- Jawline and Chin: Glide your tool upwards from the center of the chin out to the earlobe to contour the jaw.3.
- Forehead: Start at the center of the forehead and divide your forehead into three sections and glide your tool outwards. Scrape once, then move down a bit and scrape again.4.
- Cheek: Start at the nose and work upwards in a sweeping motion along the cheeks and cheekbones, moving outwards toward your ears. Scrape once, then move down a bit and scrape again, move down a bit more to the center of the chin and scrape again.5.
- Under-Eye: Start in the inner corner of the eye and glide outwards to the temple.
Catarina & Rui
It all started back in 2017 in Berlin when Rui overheard Catarina talking to someone about adaptogenic coffee and Tim Ferriss. Safe to say, not many people were into these shroomie concoctions back then. They instantly bonded over their deep love and appreciation of adaptogenics.
Catarina is a former athlete and Wellness Consultant for brands such as Adidas and Lululemon. Rui is currently finishing her PhD on Plant Nutrition after completing a degree in organic agriculture, food system master and nutrition bachelor with an oncology focus.
They started Herbar with the aim of showing that health and beauty are not mutually exclusive and to bring ancient healing to modern self-care.
Better together <3
Illustration by Lea Woo
Meet the team
Élise Rigollet is Herbar's graphic designer and art director based in Paris. A full-time Gemini and all-round superstar, she has given us the best makeover we could ask for and keeps us looking fresh and flawless. #slay
She works on projects ranging from editorial design to branding, art direction and web design to illustration. Her sensibility for layout and color translates to custom typography, digital content, creative direction and image-making.
Easyship Shipping Protection
Shipping Protection provided by Easyship